Purpose of Role
To be a member of the Front End Engineering team to develop, support and maintain technology solutions for clients, partners and internal Tanasuk solutions.
The role will also work with other members of the wider Engineering team in taking technical responsibility and ownership of elements of solution delivery
- Implementing Front End related technologies for Sitecore (and associated technologies) software solutions
- Collaborating effectively with Sitecore Engineers, QA Engineers, Business Analysts, DevOps Engineers and other members of the wider Engineering and agency team
- Accountable for the timely and technical quality delivery on Front End related elements/phases for software development projects assigned
- Ensuring technical implementation and delivery processes (i.e. Unit testing, Source control, Coding Standards) and technical documentation are followed, improved and continuously evolved
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimising components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Following industry standards and best practices for Front End development, specifically for React development
- To accurately record all hours worked against the appropriate client and report any work requests to the Technical Lead and/or CTO
- In all dealings with clients and suppliers and colleagues to be professional, helpful respectful, innovative, creative and at all times to act in the best interests of Tanasuk
- We would expect all of our team members to adhere to and promote our company core values. To take responsibility for the quality and presentation of your own work and environment. To be always looking for new avenues and opportunities for Tanasuk.
- We also expect all team members to promote equality of opportunity, be committed and professional at all times, and to comply with the company’s health and safety policy.
- To be open and interested in new technology and methods of delivering the company’s products and services, and to continually develop personal technical skills and to challenge and stretch boundaries.
Skills and Competencies
- To have an excellent knowledge of ReactJS
- Good cross browser testing tools (eg. BrowserStack)
- Strong background in software development.
- Knowledge of state management frameworks (e.g. Redux, Flux, VueX, Realm)
- Appreciation of React design patterns and understanding of their use
- Familiarity with Front end unit testing tools e.g. Jasmine, Jest, MochaJS
- Knowledge of task runners (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack: Gulp is preferred, MSBuild)
- Sitecore 9/10 development experience would be of huge benefit
- Bootstrap 3+
- Source control - Git and Gitflow
- IDEs - Visual Studio Code would be advantageous
- JIRA, Azure Devops
- Agile, Scrum, DevOps
Previous Experience and Skills
- Developing enterprise grade scale website/web applications within a large delivery project/team using React and associated technologies
- You will need to have a sound knowledge of design and design processes & the full software development lifecycle
- You will have good defect fixing experience – working independently to identify and resolve issues before delivery and testing functionality after the initial fix
- Web Site testing – you will be able to test as you go, identifying issues, solving problems and reporting up and down the chain. You will be able to test the browser stack, conduct cross browser testing on supported platforms
- You will be able to build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimize application for maximum speed and scalability to back end