Purpose of Role
Supporting the web development team by maintaining, developing, designing and building web applications.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- To be part of the development team supporting, maintaining, testing and developing the production of websites and new media products for multiple clients. Working on progressive development projects for retained clients
- To work with graphic designers to translate creative concepts into content rich functional products
- To accurately record all hours worked against the appropriate client and report any work requests to the Head of Development
- In all dealings with clients and suppliers and colleagues to be professional, helpful respectful, innovative, creative and at all times to act in the best interests of Tanasuk/Remarkable Group
- We would expect all of our team members to adhere to and promote our company core values. To take responsibility for the quality and presentation of your own work and environment. To be always looking for new avenues and opportunities for Tanasuk.
- We also expect all team members to promote equality of opportunity, be committed and professional at all times, to comply with the company’s health and safety policy. To be open and interested in new technology and methods of delivering the company’s products and services, and to continually develop personal technical skills and to challenge and stretch boundaries.
Skills and Competencies
- Good cross browser testing and development experience.
- Knowledge of CSS pre processer SASS.
- Vue (React and Angular would also be of interest)
- Knowledge of state management frameworks would be ideal (e.g. VueX, Redux, Flux, Realm)
- Knowledge of task runners (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack: Gulp is preffered)
- Sitecore experience would be of huge benefit (Sitecore SXA experience would be advantageous)
- CSS framework - Bootstrap 3
- Git and Gitflow
- Visual Studio would be advantageous
- JIRA and / or Trello
Previous Experience and Skills
- You will have built web sites from scratch and delivered creative, working solutions.
- You will need to have a sound knowledge of design and design processes.
- You will have good bug fixing experience – working independently to identify and resolve issues before delivery and testing functionality after the initial fix.
- Web Site testing – you will be able to test as you go, identifying issues, solving problems and reporting up and down the chain. You will be able to test the browser stack, conduct cross browser testing on supported platforms.
- You will be able to build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, optimize application for maximum speed and scalability to back end.