Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To work with the Server Side Development team and other senior designers and developers to deliver new media solutions to agreed timescales and budgets
- To be part of the development and support team in the production and maintenance of websites and new media products for all of our clients
- To ensure all websites are stable and fit for purpose.
- To support and mentor the Server Side team, assessing training needs, organising and implementing training to continually develop the team's skillset and development. To produce and maintain training records.
- To help set up, maintain and further the internal CI/CD processes
- To take responsibility for the quality and presentation of your own work and environment
- To take an active part in the team’s appraisals and induction of new starters
- To research new and emerging technologies and advise the Senior Management team on technology developments.
- To drive the delivery of exceptional websites and support clients through projects to implementation.
- To collaborate with the Project Managers ensuring effective distribution of resource.
- To communicate with clients ensuring effective resolution of outages, upgrades and relocations and to provide technical consultancy to clients when required.
- To maintain, and be proactive in improving, the quality of all new media work produced by Sagittarius Digital
- To provide out of hours support when required.
- To support IT for Sagittarius Marketing
- To assist in the management of our client's hosting
- To accurately record all hours worked against the appropriate client
The successful candidate will:
- have good and effective communication skills
- be able to multi-task and maintain great attention to detail
- be able to manage their own time
- have good commercial awareness
- have a passion for technology
- provide inspirational leadership for more junior members of staff
- have good attention to detail
- be aware of the practical application of technology
- be self-motivated and able to work independently
Job Specific Skills/Experience
- Competence in producing rich and useable websites
- Experienced in working on large value portfolio and big web site projects
- An understanding of the cost and consequence of implementation from both a technology and architectural perspective
- An understanding of general architectural landscapes
- An understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience of managing and mentoring entry-level, mid-level and senior developers, including 1st line HR support for the team
- Ability to document work and projects and report to the leadership and management team
- Committed to maintaining high standards of accuracy and presentation
- You will need to of held a similar position in a fast faced delivery environment where you have been responsible for delivery multiple streams of work concurrently
- Mentoring experience would be advantageous
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent vocational experience and theoretical understanding of the design and build projects.