Purpose of Role
Managing the day-to-day testing activity, including test planning and identifying the scope of testing to provide guidance to the Project Manager on the testing that is required for each task.
Defining innovative processes and implementing new strategies supporting the continual improvement of our QA process
- To take responsibility for the testing of large-scale web projects assigned to you across a number of browsers, to ensure the end product delivered to our clients promotes our level of high quality.
- Providing accurate estimates for your testing tasks and deliver in a timely manner. You will be expected to clearly raise bugs found during your testing with the developers and Project Manager.
- You will be in charge of all test documentation, to provide reports for the Project Manager and potentially the clients.
- Taking the initiative to implement automatic and performance testing where possible. You will be working alongside teams both onshore and offshore.
- Working closely with other members of the QA team to coordinate your work and improve the process of testing used across the company.
- Proactively finding improved methods and making recommendations to the management team.
This is an extremely fast paced environment, so you will need to be able to work efficiently independently while managing multiple priorities.
Skills and Competencies
- An understanding of Agile methodology
- Proven experience in a number of different types of testing (Functional, Regression,
- Integration, Performance, Automated, SEO)
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A team player
- Ability to work on own initiative